Thursday, June 12, 2014

It Pays to Be a Winner

Or in the concise words of Ricky Bobby: "Winners get to do what they want"


Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Marine Imprisoned in Mexico

Investors article

Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi has been held in Mexico since March 31st. His crime was that he missed the last US exit on the interstate and accidentally entered Mexico with 3 guns. He faces over 20 years in prison depending on the outcome of his trial.

Meanwhile, Osama's administration has released 36,000 illegal immigrants convicted of murder, rape, burglary, assault, and other such violations. If you recall, this criminal we call a president has also shipped a few guns to Mexico (Fast and Furious). While Sgt Tahmooressi entered Mexico accidentally and harmed no one, we suffer violence and sex crimes from thousands of Mexican nationals yearly.

Is it time for private Americans to jailbreak this Marine?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

National Review: What STEM Shortage?

National Review article

Rarely does NR hit one out of the park anymore, but this article by Steven Camarota delivers. The long and short? Republicans support immigration (skilled H1B labor) to satisfy their corporate donors, Democrats support immigration because they don't like the way Americans vote.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

John McCain Never Learns

Originally posted on American Thinker, May 14, 2014.

The Arizona Senator has advocated using US troops to rescue the 200 or so girls kidnapped by the Muslim terrorist group Boko Haram, without regard to whether or not Nigeria allows it. This jingoism is over the top, even for McCain, who relishes every opportunity to put US troops in harm's way. It is amazingly irresponsible for a high level member of government to unilaterally saber rattle over the fate of 200 people.

The downside to invading a country in Africa is enormous. Nigeria is part Christian and part Muslim. Much of the country is densely forested; tropical disease abounds. How much per girl would McCain's proposed rescue cost, not to mention the toll in American lives and international goodwill? That is truly the billion dollar question for a nation drowning in debt. Such a move, even if it resulted in the successful release of all of the girls and not their summary execution, is unlikely to gain us any favor in the region. It is unlikely to weaken Boko Haram, and doing battle with Americans might even strengthen their stature.

This rational caution of mine is mostly born of studying history -- our nation's meddling from the early 20th century in Latin America to the modern Middle East has mostly been costly and ineffective. McCain has clearly not learned a thing from all the blood spilled and dollars wasted in these foreign boondoggles.

It is deliciously ironic then, that the name Boko Haram roughly translates to "learning is bad."

Pro Libertate: Only "Extremists" Believe They Have a Right to be Left Alone

Pro Libertate: Only "Extremists" Believe They Have a Right to be Left Alone



 This is worth the read, a tour de force of how screwed up our current legal system is, and one man's oppression.

The Odds of SHTF

I have people ask me this all the time. In a localized sense, the odds of the proverbial "shit hitting the fan" is 100%. Everyone will at some point be part of a weather disaster, job loss, crime, police aggression, earthquake, etc.



What people really mean is, "on a national scale, how likely is America to collapse into utter anarchy?" I'd say higher than ever, but still not that high. My thought is that over the next 25 years or so, we have a 20% chance of prosperity, a 60% chance of slow steady decline, and a 20% chance of ugly collapse.

I don't think I really need to explain the 60%. That's where we are now. It is caused by an idiot electorate electing other idiots, who then import more idiots. Be ambitious and proactive about your finances, preps, self defense, and family and spiritual well-being, and you will likely be fine.



A 20% chance of success?? Well, yes. There is every reason we could have an age of plenty. We have an unbelievable amount of untapped energy in America. We still have an amazing base of STEM workers, and technology in manufacturing and automation is advancing rapidly. There is no other world power strong enough to harass us across the ocean; the big boogeyman China is going to undergo a demographic collapse soon and Russia is a joke. Much of our deficit spending could be erased with a mild dose of common sense (although I advocate going much further). Curtail illegal and H1B immigration, and we could really have it easy.

Collapse

It's the 20% on the other end of the spectrum that worries me. What could cause it? Quite a bit. We are living on borrowed time economically. If our dollar collapses, then we are really screwed. Basically any old thing, or nothing at all could cause our dollar to rapidly devalue. Not very helpful I know. The collapse could begin with a few failed bond auctions this summer, or not at all. Perhaps a war will cause a spike in the deficit, and inflation will skyrocket.

Should our dollar go kaput, savings will evaporate, and the class of people that makes a living off of a government check will have nothing at all to fall back on. They will run riot for sure. Don't count on being able to just gun them down in the streets; the cops might ignore their hijinks but they won't ignore "vigilantism." The advantages of capital will largely evaporate; local goods and services will be bartered.

We have so much energy right under our feet that it is difficult to feature an energy problem playing into the crisis. If it does, and the trucks stop running, look for millions to starve in the cities. The fighting will be the ugliest in all memory, and will spill from major metropolitan areas into the immediate hinterland.

Politically, the country will probably rip apart, which could be a saving grace for Southern states, as some of them could emerge mostly whole.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Christian Mercenary: Blood of Patriots

Christian Mercenary: Blood of Patriots: Terrorism is clearly the method the federal government uses to demand compliance. A threat of prosecution is a threat of unequal treatment before the law, in absence of rights guaranteed under the Constitution. It is a threat of economic destruction, of alienation from family and friends. It is, to some extent, a death sentence. Perhaps, long after all money has been spent, all assets liquidated, all family members estranged, one might prove themselves in the right, but the damage has been done and the feds understand this and therefore do not need a provable case, just a ruse of one that will last long enough to create terror among citizens they have charged.



 What an outstanding and damning indictment of our terrorist government.